Since the Supreme Court legalized abortion in 1973, nearly 58 million babies have been killed in the womb. You can see other horrifying abortion statistics in real-time counters at Number of Abortions.
According to Operation Rescue:
- Four in ten unintended pregnancies are aborted.
- The United States has the highest abortion rate of any western industrialized nation (19.4 abortions per 1000 pregnancies).
- Less than 1% of abortions are in cases of rape or incest.
- Black women are five times more likely to abort than white women, and 37% of all babies aborted are black (although blacks make up only 13% of the population).
- Eighty percent of Planned Parenthood abortion centers are in minority neighborhoods.
- Since 2009, a majority of the American population calls itself prolife.
“A person is a human being at every age.” (Personhood USA) A person, a human being, regardless of size, age, or capacity of independence, is entitled to all human rights, especially the right to life. The Civil War was fought to ensure that African-American slaves were considered persons and not property. Today we are fighting (fortunately without guns and bullets) to ensure that unborn babies are considered persons and not property.
Heavenly Father, tens of thousands of Your precious children are being killed in the womb. Turn the hearts of lawmakers, Lord, to a culture of life. Motivate Your people to stand up for these innocent babies so every life has a lifetime. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
- Abortion: Legalized Murder
- Another Year, Another Million and a Half Dead Babies
- The Case Against Abortion
- Human Right: Life
- The Most Basic Human Right: Life
- Murder Has Been Legal for Forty Years
- Now Choose Life, So That You and Your Children May Live
- Remarkable Testimony from An Abortion Survivor
- Roe v Wade: 55 Million Dead Babies Later
- Slavery and Abortion: Moral Relatives
- A Thirty-Six Year Tragedy