My pre-teenage nephew got a Kindle Fire for Christmas. I told him about the many years that ebook authors told people about ebooks and ebook readers (pre-Kindle types). Of course, he couldn’t relate to people not knowing—or caring—about ebooks and ebook readers. Back when the Kindle was first introduced, I predicted that it would have a positive impact on the future of e-publishing. That prediction has been realized more dramatically than I could have imagined. I heard that Amazon has been selling a million Kindle Fires a week during the holiday shopping season—and I don’t know how many of the other Kindle models.
If you’re one of lucky recipients of a Kindle, Nook, or other e-reading device, you’ll need lots of ebooks to read. People tend to read more when they read on an e-reader than when they read print books, so you may need more books than you realize.
All of my books are available as e-books. You can find everything I’ve written on Smashwords, where you can download books in a variety of formats to read on various e-readers, tablets, smartphones, or computers.
- Trapped by Love, a Novelette—a FREE read
- Dream or Destiny—romantic mystery
- Stroke of Luck—contemporary romance
- Fern’s Fancies—contemporary romance (humorous)
- Creating Fictional Characters
- Preserving Memories: Writing a Family History
- The Secrets of Fantastic Houseplants
- Finding the Information You Need
All the ebooks are $1.99 except Dream or Destiny ($5.99) and Stroke of Luck ($3.99).
Dream or Destiny is also available from Amazon for the Kindle.