Nearly half of all pregnancies to American women are unintended; four in 10 of these end in abortion. ~ Guttmacher Institute
Millions of human beings made in the image of God have decided their desires and needs are more important than the lives of other human beings made in the image of God. Millions of human beings have decided they have the right to decide who lives or dies–a right that belongs to God alone.
- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. ~ Genesis 1:27
- Before I was born the Lord called me; from my birth he has made mention of my name. ~ Isaiah 49:1b
- Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart. ~ Jeremiah 1:5a
- Your hands have made and fashioned me. ~ Psalm 119:73a
- You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. I praise you, so wonderfully you made me; wonderful are your works! My very self you knew; my bones were not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, fashioned as in the depths of the earth. Your eyes foresaw my actions; in your book all are written down; my days were shaped, before one came to be. ~ Psalm 139:13-16
- You shall not murder. ~ Exodus 20:13
- For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. ~ Jeremiah 29:11
- I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. ~ Deuteronomy 30:19b-20
Follow these links to information about abortion and thoughts of people a lot smarter than I am:
- An Overview of Abortion in 2 Minutes from Abort73.com
- Abortion Facts from The Center for Bio-Ethical Reform
- It’s Time to Stop Pretending Abortion Is Anything Other Than the Ruthless Killing of an Innocent Human Being by Randy Alcorn
- Worshiping Moloch by William J. Murray
- On the 38th Anniversary of Roe v. Wade, Most Americans Still Don’t Understand the Court’s Decision by Father Frank Pavone
- The Philadelphia Horror: How Mass Murder Gets a Pass by Michelle Malkin
Here are some of my thoughts on abortion:
- Another Year, Another Million and a Half Dead Babies
- A Thirty-Six Year Tragedy
- The Most Basic Human Right: Life
- Slavery and Abortion: Moral Relatives
- In Memory of 40 Million Aborted Babies
Some say the language of this post is too strident, not conducive to compromise and cooperation. When millions of lives are at stake, we can’t compromise. We must be peaceful and do everything in love, but we must act. We must stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves.
God forgive us all for murdering the most innocent and vulnerable among us.
O GOD, Almighty and merciful, who healest those that are broken in heart, and turnest the sadness of the sorrowful to joy; Let thy fatherly goodness be upon all that thou hast made, especially those who have not yet breathed outside the womb. Protect them from the hands of those who would take their precious lives and allow thy plans for them to be fulfilled. Remember in pity such as are this day frightened, confused, cast down, and tempted to end their sufferings by spilling innocent blood. By thy heavenly grace preserve them from falling into sin; though they be troubled on every side, suffer them not to be distressed; though they be perplexed, save them from despair and show them the better way. Grant this, O Lord, for the love of him, who for our sakes was born and lived and died, thy Son, our Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen.