A comment posted on my recent post on Freelance Writers Appreciation Week alerted me to another week for freelancers.
Janice Campbell, Director of National Association of Independent Writers and Editors (NAIWE), let me know that March 2-6 is Words Matter Week.
NAIWE, which describes itself as “The professional association with the business-building difference,” is an organization of freelance writers and editors, both commercial and literary.
Words Matter Week is “an exciting week of teleseminars, book giveaways, and a charity challenge for First Book!”
- John Kremer, author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Books
- Peter Bowerman, author of The Well-Fed Writer and The Well-Fed Self-Publisher
- Linda Leigh Hargrove, Novelist
- Jeff Herman and Deborah Levine-Herman, Literary Agents
- Tim McMullen, co-founder and managing partner of tech company UltimIT Solutions
- Ruth Thaler-Carter, award-winning writer and editor with over 30 years experience, who will be speaking on “Getting Started in Editorial Freelancing”
You can learn more on the Facebook event page for Words Matter Week.
You can also contribute to First Book to help give children books of their own.