Recently I wrote that freelance editing rates is the most popular keyword phrase that brings visitors to this blog. When I realized that one post on this subject has more than 300 visitors per month, I decided it was time to write more on the topic.
For an upcoming series, I would like to have some feedback on how freelancers price their writing and editing services.
I have compiled a simple anonymous survey that asks the following questions:
- How long have you freelanced part-time or full-time?
- What kind of freelancer are you—writer, editor, both?
- How do you find freelance jobs?
- How do you price your work—hourly, project, bid, etc.?
- What is your standard hourly or word rate?
- Do you post your rates?
There is an optional question to share any additional information that you think will be helpful. The survey should take only a few minutes as the six questions are all multiple choice.
Please take the survey yourself and pass the link to every freelancer you know. The more responses I receive, the more accurate the information in my series will be.