Mig at Pamil Vision’s eWritings tagged me for
The Blogging Better Meme by Sueblimely
The idea of this meme is to:
Help us stop and think about how we could become better bloggers and what we need to do to achieve this.
Share our blogging knowledge and experience.
Please answer these questions in relation to your blogging (in as little or as much detail as you wish):-
The most important thing I have learned over the last year.
What I would like to achieve within the next year.
What I wish to learn more about.
How could I be more productive?
One new thing I plan to try.
The blogging tip(s) I have found the most useful.
The 4 (or more) people I am passing this on to. (please include someone quite new to blogging if you can – to help them along by introducing them to your own readers and giving them some backlinks).
Here are my answers. You can use this to give yourself ideas, approach the meme in a completely different way and add or change the questions to suit what you would like to know. You can even choose not to take part at all if you are not keen on memes.
I’m participating in this meme because at this time of year, I’m looking back at what I’ve learned and looking forward at what’s ahead.
- The most important thing I have learned over the last year: Blogging is more about sharing and learning than about teaching. When I started blogging, I thought I would write about my experiences and the knowledge I’ve gained from those experiences and my readers would learn from me. I’ve discovered that I share my experiences and thoughts and learn from my readers. I’m delighted with the community that has grown here. I’ll never be an A-list blogger with hordes of followers, but I’m very happy to be part of a small community of friends.
- What I would like to achieve within the next year: a) Continue to build the community here. b) Write a series of posts on a specific topic each month.
- What I wish to learn more about: More resources, plugins, and tools to make blogging more fun and efficient.
- How could I be more productive? Be more selective in the blogs I read … but that wouldn’t be nearly as much fun!
- One new thing I plan to try: No specific plans, but I’ll try new plugins and tools as the opportunity arises.
- The blogging tip(s) I have found the most useful: Invite your readers to become part of the conversation by asking open-ended questions and inviting comments.
A Milestone: Post 300
What Do You Think of Weekly/Monthly Roundups, Themes, and Link Love Posts?
A Humorous Look at My Pet Blogging Peeves
Blogging Metaphor: Blogging is a Large City with Hundreds of Small Neighborhoods