Thanks to Morgan Mandel for awarding me the Happy 101 Award. To accept the award, I am to list ten things that make me happy, then pass the award to five other bloggers.
Our society so often focuses on the negative rather than positive, on what’s wrong rather than what’s right, on unhappiness rather than happiness. So I’m delighted to talk about things that make me happy and hope you take a few minutes to think about what makes you happy as well.
Ten things that make me happy:
- God loves me, forgives my sins, guides me by His Holy Spirit, and will give me eternal life. How can I not be ecstatic about that?
- My husband Jack has brought love, laughter, and joy into my life for 43+ years. We have encountered some challenging times, but we’ve never had a single dull moment!
- My siblings, Jack’s siblings, and our extended families give us support, encouragement, and happiness.
- I love my work, the variety of projects I do, and the clients I work with. The independence of being able to work nights and sleep days is a bonus.
- A compliment from a reader or a good review on one of my books makes me smile for days.
- I am as happy about my clients’ successes as I am about my own.
- A day that I can spend reading for pleasure fills me with contentment.
- Volunteer work for my church—maintaining the Web site, editing the newsletter, and performing administrative duties—blesses me.
- Spending time with friends—offline and online—delights me.
- Blogging, interacting with readers, and reading and commenting on other blogs gives me great pleasure.
I’m passing the award on to five of the many blogs that I’m happy to read:
- Bluestocking at The Bluestocking Guide
- Deb at Punctuality Rules
- Karen Swim at Words for Hire
- Meryl K. Evans at meryl.net
- Ronnica at The Ignorant Historian
There are many other blogs that bring me happiness, but the rules call for passing the award on to five other bloggers. Thanks to all of my favorite bloggers and to my readers who make me happy with their words.