I’ve said before that I participate in memes only when they fit my goals for this blog. Since I’ve learned that building a community is the most important part of blogging, anything that helps us get to know each other better is worth doing.
Lisa at Getting it Write for You tagged me to share seven random things about myself and then tag other bloggers I’d like to know more about. I probably share too much about myself already :-), but here are seven things you may not know:
- I grew up on a farm seven miles outside a town with a population of less than 2,000.
- Until I applied for financial aid for college, I didn’t know we were “poor” because my parents always made us feel rich with lots of love and plenty of home-grown food.
- I was the first person in my family to attend college.
- Except for college and a couple of summers living with an aunt so I could work at a summer job in the big city, I’ve lived in only two houses my entire life: the farmhouse I grew up in and the house my husband and I have lived in for 40 years.
- I’m much better in helping other writers promote their books than I am at promoting my own.
- My husband is my best friend and soulmate.
- Because I believe I can serve God by serving His people, I do a lot of volunteer work for my church – creating the weekly bulletins, managing the membership records, editing and publishing the newsletter, and maintaining the Web site.
Now I’d like to know seven random things about Mig at eWritings, Yvonne at Grow Your Writing Business, Karen at A Deaf Mom Shares Her World, Thomma Lyn at Tennessee Text Wrestling, and Hummie at Hummie’s World.
[tags]7 random things, meme[/tags]