Luke Gedeon is sponsoring a group writing project for Thanksgiving: Seven Things I’m Thankful For. Luke will link to all the posts, and his post will be excellent reading for Thanksgiving Day (or the day after Thanksgiving or any time).
In his sermon last Sunday, our priest said, “I’m so tired of people calling it Turkey Day. It’s Thanksgiving Day, a day to give thanks to Almighty God.”
This Thanksgiving—and every day—I will thank God for these seven things:
- Family: I’ve written about my parents and siblings and about my husband Jack. I have been incredibly blessed with my family of origin and in my marriage.
- Friends: Both online and offline friends bring joy to my life, and I grateful for them.
- Work: God has blessed me with a little talent and a lot of perseverance so I can earn a living doing what I love—writing and helping other writers.
- Provision: We have plenty of food (more than enough as you can tell if you look at us), a comfortable home, and everything we need to enjoy a happy life.
- Freedom: We are so fortunate to live in a land where we can practice our faith and freely express our opinions. I am grateful for our servicemen and women and our veterans for ensuring that we remain free.
- Miracles: I have experienced many miracles in my life, including surviving an attack by a Doberman and recovering from a stroke, Most recently, I have been healed of a severe seizure disorder. I will write more about this miracle in a future post.
- Salvation: My faith sustains me, and I am so thankful that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my salvation and that I will spend eternity with God. I pray that you also have this assurance of salvation.
What are you thankful for?